I am sure every mom suffers from guilt. I am no exception, and it really does get ridiculous when I list everything out. I bet I waste too much time feeling guilty. Here is a (partial) list of things I feel guilty about in regard to my parenting:
- letting Jack watch TV
- giving Jack cookies (especially first thing in the morning)
- doing household chores instead of playing with Jack
- dinner consisting of chicken strips and hastily-cooked green beans (that he doesn’t eat) – what happen to the five food groups?
- saying no sometimes when Jack wants to nurse
- not having a solid nighttime routine
- every day that we don’t go outside
- putting the same socks on Jack two days in a row
- skipping baths
- leaving him at daycare or with his dad when he is crying
- giving in when he throws a tantrum about wearing shoes or a coat
- looking forward to the days he is with his dad
- losing my patience and yelling when he has hit or pinched or bitten me
- letting him wear pants that I just realized are too short
There are probably more but those were the things at the forefront of my mind this morning. I know I’m a good mom; it’s just that I always see room for improvement!