Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Well, I guess the short answer would be because I haven’t died yet. DUH. Other than that, I think there are a couple factors…
- I’m a pretty safe and responsible person who doesn’t engage in risky behavior. I’ve been in one car accident in the entire time I’ve driven – and that was the other guy’s fault (he was at a stop sign, I was halfway through making my left turn when he T-Boned me). In high school I even got a medal for my performance in my Health & Driver’s Ed class (I still find that funny).
- I have a kid. I’m not allowed to die, at least while he depends on me!
- I don’t talk to strangers and I have a good street “don’t talk to me or I might scream at you for no reason” face.
- My uncle pulled me out of the pool that one time when I almost drowned.
- I aggressively seek help for my illnesses.