Today’s optional prompt is: anticipation.
There are eight more weeks of active treatment (Consolidation) for Jack before official remission. Which means about nine more weeks until Maintenance. THIS is what I’m anticipating.
I’m going to ignore the fact that Maintenance therapy lasts 2+ years. I’m just happy that in a manner of two months, life will get a little bit more normal. We’ll go from weekly blood draws and several clinic trips per month to once a month. Neutropenic periods will be few and far between (if they pop up at all). Jack can go to school again! He won’t be spending 90% of his time with only adults.
We’ll still have daily things like Broviac line flushes and probably the continuance of a couple of medications. But that is nothing compared to what we’ve been through the last (nearly) seven months – lumbar punctures, spinal taps, chemo infusions with multiple drugs, pills pills pills, hair loss…
I’m anticipating seeing my kiddo with a full head of hair again and a more rosy flush to his cheeks. I’m looking forward to less aches, a more stable mood (for all of us), and seeing Jack pack some meat onto his bones.
I’ve never anticipated something so much.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post over on Jana’s blog.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.