I’m having a terrible day. Jack is struggling to take his Maintenance medicines and I’m struggling to cope with that and all that it could potentially mean. When I saw this prompt on my friend Jana’s blog, I felt relieved to have something simple to write about and to be reminded of the things that help keep me sane…even if they are things that also drive me crazy.
Today’s (totally optional) prompt: What makes you feel cozy and safe?
Pajamas make me feel cozy and safe. Something about the warm, the softness, the bundled up feeling. Maybe it’s because I wear them while sleeping and so somehow associate them with feelings of safety while I’m unaware. I have countless pairs of pajamas in my drawers.
Curling up with my son or my husband, smelling skin and hair while sharing body warmth also makes me feel cozy and safe. If I can cuddle up with these two people, anything that is bothering me is eased.
Lastly, my cats – they actually give me a sense of security when I’m home alone. Not because I fear that someone might break in – my cats would be useless for that! – but because I creep myself out with thoughts about ghosts. I figure if there are any ghosts around, my cats are gonna see ‘em and take care of them for me – or at least warn me that they’re there. I know this is completely illogical but it helps me feel safe anyway!
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spell checking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post over at Jana’s.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.