Decisions need to be made. We want desperately to move out of our current apartment; it is just not a good fit for our family. We’ve hated it from the beginning and always said we’d get out at the first opportunity. Unfortunately, Joe is working 9 hour days with a long commute until September or so. Jack is asleep most nights by the time he gets home. If we were to move south, closer to my place of work, it would be further from his and the long days are already getting to him. All of the affordable house rentals are close to my work, though, unless we find a private renter (which, of course, is difficult as they are private!). Craigslist in our area is useless. I don’t want another crappy college-kid apartment.
To further complicate matters, we have no idea what we’ll be doing in 6 months. Like I said, Joe is only working until September since he is a seasonal employee. If we stay in the area, chances are good that he would work the same position again next summer. BUT we don’t want to commit to a year long lease and then have to move if Joe gets a job out of the area.
We thought we would just stay put until he found a permanent job, but since we need to look for a new daycare (our fifth in a year!) anyway…I don’t know. We’re at a loss. I am generally not one to sit and contemplate. I am a decision maker! I take action! I have no idea what to do right now.
I want something stable for us, but mostly for Jack. I hate the fact that he’s moved daycares so many times in his short life. I had hoped we could find ONE place for the majority of his growing years. I still hold hope that such a situation is possible…I just don’t know how to go about finding it.